Thursday, August 15, 2013

Duz Grill


Though very busy for an urgent matter, my officemates tempted me to dine out.  And the very easy-going me did not turn them down. We just found ourselves in the taxi, exiting IT park and passing by Apas Lahug for the very first time. Turning to 4th street in San Antonio Village and stopped by outside this big blue gate.  


that blue gate!

So, what are we doing here in a drizzling evening? Well, we realized we wanted to try DUZ GRILL out.


Actually, a true hole-in-the-wall restaurant, there was not even a hint that this house, located in the farther end of 4th street, has something in it. No signage plus the gate is closed. We pressed the doorbell before somebody let us in.

 Well a white house with a very wide lawn with very cozy and cute open cottages. Of course, we stayed in one of those. 



cute!

Actually, the area is so wide, the cars are parked inside. A lady approached and handed us a menu. Of course, we wouldn’t want to miss their specialty and best-seller, RIBS! We had both original and spicy!

While waiting, we explored the “white house”. The ground floor was turned into a dining area. It was air-conditioned and there seemed to be a group celebrating in one of the private rooms. 





Then there was the kitchen, a bar.. 



..and the chef himself who accommodated with a big smile when asked where the wash area was. Here he is, had to get this shot as remembrance. Haha.





Okay, then after a few minutes, our orders were served!

spicy ribs!
So, after having eaten ribs from various parts of the Philippines, my hopes were really high on this as the presentation was really appetizing already. 

So how did I find it? Well, the serving was big, it was so tender.. I loved how mildly spicy it was.. and I just regret it now (while writing this) why I did not finish it as I was so full already. We even ordered extra rice. 

Enjoyed it!!!
Wow. This place is so worth it. I wouldn't mind going back to try the other dishes! You might wanna plan ahead on what dish to eat.. 



I hope you'd enjoy as much as we did!
  






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?